Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm a Pescetarian.

Hello Bloggers, I was talking to my Vegetarian friend today and i was telling her i wanted to be a vegan but i dont think i can do the whole NO MEAT thing. So i went on the internet and you know GOOGLEd a vegan, which by the way is a person who does not eat meat, game, poultry, fish, crustacea, shellfish, or products of animal slaughter. I was just like i cant X all that out, you know. But then i saw this thing about pescetarian. There like people who dont eat land animals and birds, but eat fish, mollusks, and crustaceans in addition to fruits, vegetables, plants, legumes, nuts, and other stuff. I found this website that had a funny joke so i just posted it below
Fish as vegetables

Here is a little snippet taken from a typical conversation someone has with me upon finding out I'm a vegetarian:
Me: Yes. I'm a vegetarian.
Dumbo: Really? So you don't eat meat?
Me: No. I'm a vegetarian.
Dumbo: So what do you eat? Like beans and stuff?
Me: Uhh.. I eat everything that isn't made of meat...
Dumbo: So do you eat fish?
Me: Where did you go to school?! I'm a vegetarian! A fish is not a vegetable!
Dumbo: I know, but some vegetarians eat fish...
Me: Well those people are not vegetarians. They are Pescetarians. They eat seafood but no other meat.
Dumbo: But seriously, what do you eat? Like, if I ordered a ham sandwich, what would you eat? Just bread?!
Me: Oh jeez...
Dumbo: So if you went to a restaurant, what do you order? If they don't have vegetarian stuff? Fish?
Me: Please God Save Me From This Man.


.peace.☮
.love.♥
.happyness.=]
.allthatgoodstuff. =p

-Jay.Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment